Students who have successfully completed a BSc in Medical Laboratory Science will be able to apply their
knowledge, skills, and attitudes as follows:
Demonstrate sound knowledge in medical laboratory diagnostic procedures and the relationship between
the laboratory findings and disease conditions.
Perform routine and advanced biochemical, biological, hematological, immunologic, microbiological,
molecular laboratory tests.
Respect and be compassionate to patients, their relatives and other health professionals while
the medical laboratory ethical code of conduct.
- Participate in research and development of new laboratory diagnostic technologies.
- Establish and monitor programs to ensure the quality of pre- analytical, analytical and post-
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in medical laboratory management.
profession to meet the national and global requirements and latest advancement in technology.
- Communicate effectively with the public and the professional community in writing, speaking and
- Use appropriate and modern ICT tools in academic and professional work.
- Be committed to provide quality services to the society and to contribute in general to the socio-
economic development of the country
- Take part in continuing education, training and professional development
- Develop interpersonal skills to interact with health professionals as a team and be aware of the