Nursing Congress - 2018
Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
University of Peradeniya
“Exploring nurses’ role towards better health care”
- One author can submit more than one abstract on different topics.
- The abstract text should contain 350-500 words excluding References. Abstracts of more than 500 words will be not considered for reviewing. One figure / table is allowed and it should be properly labeled.
- The body of the abstract should be organized into sections; Introduction, Methodology, Results and Discussion, Conclusion, Key words and the References. The maximum number of References can be included is Three (03)
- Type the title of the abstract in upper and lower case, using capitals only for the first word, acronyms and proper nouns. The title should not have more than 25 words.
- Names of authors, affiliations, should be written below the title as shown in the Abstract format. The name of the presenting author should be underlined. The corresponding author should be identified with a <*> sign above the author’s name and his/her e-mail address should be provided to follow the affiliation section as indicated above.
- The abstract should be one column fitting into A4 size paper comprising of one page maximum, in 11pt, Times New Roman font.
- Top, Bottom and Right margins should be set to 1 inch, and the left margin should be 1.25 inches.
- Abstracts can be submitted only in English language and if your abstract is accepted should be presented in English language.
- Authors are responsible for proofreading and submitting an abstract without errors, as they will be reproduced in the form they were submitted.
- All accepted abstracts will be included in the Abstract Book and will be distributed on the Congress day.
- Abbreviations and acronyms must be written out in full at the first mention in the text.
- Abstracts should be submitted in Word 97-2003 format.
- Abstracts which are submitted after the closing date will be rejected.
- Send your abstracts to the email@example.com on or before the closing date.
Format for Abstract Submission
The Nursing Congress-2018 will be a forum for disseminating the innovative research findings under four extensive nursing streams and diverse sub categories including,
Stream 01: Health promotion and disease prevention
• Community Health Nursing
Stream 02 : Alleviating suffering from diseases
• Maternity Nursing and Midwifery
• Women’s Health
• Environmental Health
• Palliative care and end of life care
• Adolescent Health
Stream 03: Nursing Education, Networking and Nursing Leadership
• Geriatric Nursing
• Psychiatric Nursing and Mental Health
• Oncology Nursing
• Cardiac Nursing
• Critical Care Nursing
• Paediatric Nursing
• Emergency Nursing and Trauma Care
• Nursing Administration and policy making
Stream 04: Health, safety and quality health care
• Information technology in Nursing
• Team working and multi professional practice
• Fundamentals of Nursing practice and Nursing ethics
• Evidence based practice
• Nursing Education and Research
• Human Resource Management
• Nurses and health care technology
• Occupational Health and safety
• Infection control